1. We’re two days into our E-Mealz meals. I’ll give an update later in the week once our week is complete. But I can say…the meals have been really good! Monday night we had Better Beef Enchiladas and last night was Open Faced Chicken Ranch BLTs. Really, really good!
2. I’m getting close to finishing Tatiana and Alexander by Paullina Simons. It’s book #2 in the Tatiana and Alexander trilogy. (The first book was The Bronze Horseman.). It’s such a great book. I’ll post a review once I’ve finished it.
3. I took a breather from my George Washington book. I’ve said many times that I’m not much of a non-fiction reader. This Presidential Challenge is going to be tough for me. Though, it didn’t help that my request from the library for Tatiana and Alexander came in.
4. The Fall Book Challenge (“FBC” from October – December) for my book club (The Nest Book Club) will be starting next Saturday. I’m so excited about it! I’ve been choosing books to fit in the categories and have most of them filled out. I’m really looking forward to reading The Giver by Lois Lowry for my “Short Book (Under 200 pages)” category. I’m also excited about Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman for my “Book by a new to you author” category. I’ve heard such wonderful things about this author!
5. Speaking of the FBC, there are some great categories this time around. “Since it’s getting dark earlier, book with a dark cover (black, dark brown, dark blue, dark purple)”, “Read a book and give it a better title”, “Biography or Memoir”, “Book with an average of 4+ stars on Goodreads.com”, “Book with a food word in the title or a book about food”, “In Honor of Veteran’s Day, a book set during or about a war”, “A book published in 2011”. I’ve got some great books picked out and am so ready to get this challenge underway!
6. I’m so ready for the weekend to be here. It was so hard to get up this morning. And I went to bed at 9:30 yesterday.
OK…I think that’s all.