So! Only 6 more months left until I turn 30! Yikes! I’m not at all one of those people who’s going to have a break down because they hit 30. It’s just another day and another reason to celebrate life!
I have to say, I’m doing pretty well with my 30-ish Before 30 Goals! 17 of the 33 goals are completely finished and complete! Woohoo! (I’ll be posting about completing Goal #2 sometime in the next week) 5 (6-ish) of the 33 goals are in progress to be complete! Woohoo! That’s a total of 22 (23-ish) of the 33! That leaves me with 10 (11-ish) left! I keep throwing around the “ish” and that’s because of Goal #4: Have our first baby. It’s in progress so far as we’ve been trying, but I’m not pregnant. So it’s hard to figure out how to count that one seeing as we don’t really have much control over it.
The few goals I have left are as below:
1. Write a short story or novella. – I can’t force this one…and I’ve had no inspiration. Though, there’s still 6 months left. Who knows what will happen between now and then.
12. Clean out and organize the basement. – We plan on finishing our basement this Winter and this should be crossed off in the next few months!
14. Plant a garden. Flower, Herb, or Vegetable. – I can’t do this until Spring, but I’m very much looking forward to it!
21. Make homemade bread for the first time. – There’s no reason why I haven’t done this yet. I have the recipe already, I just haven’t done it.
22. Pick a weekend and completely spoil Don. – I’m still not sure when I’ll do this.
23. Make a fruit pie from scratch. No short cuts. – I think I’ll do this for my dad’s birthday in March.
26. Have a picnic with Don. – Since I missed the opportunity to do this over the Summer, we might have to have a picnic in front of the Christmas Tree.
27. Get a professional type camera and use it. Or learn how to better use my current camera and use it. – Once again, there’s no reason why I haven’t done this other than I haven’t gotten my butt up to do it.
31. Make a 30-day photo diary. – I tried this before and fail miserably. I’ll be trying this one again in a different way. I think I’ll post all of the pictures at once.
32. Finish an entire book of crossword puzzles. – Don was supposed to get me a book of crossword puzzles for Christmas last year. I’ve yet to see it.
So yeah…not so bad! Especially since a few of these can be crossed off easily if I just went ahead and did them already!
As we’re fast approaching Thanksgiving, I’m so excited for this holiday season. This is my favorite time of year. Throughout the month of November, I’ve been making note of one thing I’m thankful for each day. Come December, I’ll share all of those on here. This was inspired by my cousin as well as a book I’ve been reading, One Thousand Gifts. But I’ll post about that book once I finish it.