I’m officially 2 months and 19 days away from hitting my 30th birthday. I’ve taken a bit of a break from my list. Well…sort of. I went crazy with my goal list last year and I started to feel like I was getting obsessed. So, I have it mapped out how I’ll hit a few more in the last 2 1/2 months. Here we go.
1. Write a short story or novella. – Yeah, I’m still not sure if this will actually happen. Maybe I’ll get lucky when Don’s traveling in April and get some inspiration. We’ll see.
4. Have our first baby! (….) – :::sigh::: I have no control over this one. Infertility sucks big, hairy, smelly, sweaty balls. After 17 months…still nothing…and still no real reason why.
5. Send a card a month to someone for no reason. Family or Friend. (19/21) – I’ve got this. No problem.
12. Clean out and organize the basement. – We’re actually in the process of finishing our basement. It’s slow going. I’m not sure if I’ll hit this goal by my birthday. But it’ll definitely be done by the end of the summer.
14. Plant a garden. Flower, Herb, or Vegetable. – This one is going to depend on when we can get a landscaper out to our house to put some fill into our yard. If they can come early, I’ll get my flower garden in. If not, then maybe I’ll have to stick to just planting some herbs in some pots and go planting crazy next year.
18. Have at least one real date night a month. (20/21) – One more to go!
21. Make homemade bread for the first time. – There’s no reason why I can’t have done this already. I’ve had the recipe for months and month.
22. Pick a weekend and completely spoil Don. – I think this might end up happening on his birthday weekend.
23. Make a fruit pie from scratch. No short cuts. – Doing this for my dad’s birthday at the end of this month!
26. Have a picnic with Don. – This is so easy and we just haven’t done it! Though, unless we get some warmer weather in May, we might have to have a living room picnic.
27. Get a professional type camera and use it. Or learn how to better use my current camera and use it. – Already started this one. It’s slow going on my current camera.
29. Finish 15 of my Presidential Challenge biographies. (1/15) – I won’t hit this goal. FAIL.
31. Make a 30-day photo diary. (Will happen 4/20/13 – 5/20/2013)
32. Finish an entire book of crossword puzzles. (Bought…and begun!) – I’m about 25% done with my book!
33. Learn 30 new words. (1/30) – I won’t hit this goal. FAIL.
So…there you go.
I’m also doing alright with my book club’s genre challenge. Not that you could tell by looking at my list. But I’m feeling OK with it. I’ve got plenty of time to get those books finished. I’ve liked everything so far! Here’s to hoping I can hit all of the genres without really pushing through things too quickly.